- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Full Stack PHP Developer - Analytics Tools
Marketplace is building a new team that focuses on tools for data visualization and interaction. Why? Marketplace brings demand and supply together, by ensuring we show users the right offers and by enabling advertisers to run efficient campaigns. Power of Proof is what we live and breathe; we are a team of data nerds. Now, we are searching for some full-stack developers to add some sex appeal, and to:
- be the independent source for Marketplace to create the best analytics tools around.
- make data beautiful.
- brainstorm and develop innovative ways to understand + interact with data, to generate and validate hypotheses.
- find ways to monitor and evaluate existing Marketplace products.
- use the cutting-edge tech stack and loads of data in Marketplace as your playground.
- collaborate closely with our teams of top-notch data scientists and algorithm engineers.
What you'll definitely need:
- A creative mindset that doesn’t know the meaning of the word impossible.
- Enthusiasm - this is a brand new team!
- Work experience in Software Engineering and/or Web Development.
What we'd love you to have:
- Guru-level knowledge: You have hands-on experience with databases (hive, impala, SQL) and data analysis languages (R, Python).
- Passion for data visualization: Checking /r/dataisbeautiful a few times a day is a good sign
- The right mindset: Your standard sentences could be: “I get what you need to understand and found a cool way of doing it. Shall I implement a prototype for you?”
- Love for all analytical: You already thought data science was sexy when it was still called statistics.
- Interest in a new challenge: You’ll help create a new team and drive your vision.
- A bachelor’s in Software Engineering: might look good on your CV?
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.