- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
UX Researcher - Mixed Methods
Are you an investigative and highly driven UX researcher with a special talent to see and understand user needs? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams?
We are looking for a UX researcher, who wants to take on the challenge to push boundaries of the applied research combining qualitative and quantitative research to create the best user experience. In this role, as a UX research expert you will be responsible for driving mixed method investigations to assure that trivago is providing the ideal hotel to a traveler’s needs. If you’ve got a well-structured and data-driven mindset, enjoy collaboration in a cross-functional team, and love an experimental and agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Drive the successful evolution of our product by studying cognitions, emotions, and behaviour of our users.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Design experiments that distil project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Execute qualitative and quantitative investigations in collaboration with our data scientists.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with our data scientists, scrum team (PO, designers, developers) and the user research team on a daily base.
What you'll definitely need:
- 2+ years’ experience in mixed method research (qualitative & quantitative) working in a performance driven environment.
- Excellent skills in tools and languages for quantitative analysis (e.g. R, SPSS, Python, SQL).
- Excellent skills in tools for lab or online usability tests (e.g. Morae, usertesting.com).
- A very analytical and creative mind.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- A passion for investigating user psychology and behaviour.
- High flexibility and adaptability to continuous change.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Previous work experience in behavioural research (e.g. clickstream analysis, A/B testing, eye tracking).
- Experience with tools for time aware research (e.g. Qualaroo, Usabilla).
- Joy in regularly travelling between Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
- German language skills.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.