Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Digital Product Designer - Hotel Search
Do you want the chance to have your creative work shape the visual future of a globally recognized platform? We’re searching for designers to direct their creativity towards our core product, the Hotel Search, and to our support products, e.g. Hotel Manager, Room5 and our online community. You will use your aesthetically programmed mind to create simple designs that are not only visually pleasing, but put the user experience first. We want a Designer who can inject their unique creative DNA into our site whilst retaining our classic trivago brand.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the concept and design of our hotel search platforms.
- Craft engaging interactions and gorgeous user interfaces and experiences.
- Solve complex interaction problems that will get used by millions of people, surrounded by the best designers.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible outcomes like sketches, prototypes, wireframes and visual designs.
- Evolve an initial concept into a fully developed design and its impact and benefits on the rest of the experience.
- Always keep up with the latest Design trends and technologies, in order to keep us at the cutting edge.
What you'll definitely need:
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- Several years’ experience in user interface design, digital product design or web design.
- An academic background in Digital Design, Interaction Design or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe design tools.
- Experience of Prototyping tools (Marvel, Invision, Principle).
- Proficiency in using responsive design, web design tools (UX Pin, Axure, Hype, Origami, etc.) and a good knowledge of UX design and usability.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- HTML/CSS knowledge and an understanding of how front-end development works. This will help you design in an online environment.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please attach your portfolio to your application, also feel free to include any relevant links to your previous work in your motivation letter (Behance profile etc.).
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.