Digital Product Designer – Interaction Design
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Digital Product Designer - Interaction Design
Are you driven by the passion to not only meet, but constantly exceed expectations?
We are on the hunt for an innovative and pragmatic Digital Product Designer, with a heavy focus on Interaction Design, to be responsible for the concept and evolution of the experience design behind ‘trivago Intelligence’, our web platform for online travel agencies (OTAs).
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding position, and thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborating with Product owners, Developers, Marketers and a host of other experts you will be responsible for the user experience and continued evolution of trivago Intelligence; the marketing and analytics tool for our B2B partners.
- Create meaningful and exquisite UX, Interaction and UI Design as the expert within one of our multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Be the only designer in a scrum-team; for this you will need to have both a pragmatic approach that allows you to think and act quickly in an iterative environment and a love for running design sprints or concept workshops to model your flows.
- Work autonomously within a large cross-functional global Design team to ensure consistency and coherence of architecture across all our products.
- Constantly strive to understand and improve the users' experience by providing suggestions and solutions, and pushing the envelope to optimize the user-flow.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, journey-maps, prototypes and wireframes. For this you will not only need to be a pro with Experience Design tools such as Axure, Sketch, Principle, Hype or similar, but will have had previous experience sketching with analogue tools such as pens and pencils.
What you'll definitely need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Interaction Design, as a Product Conceptor, UX/UI Designer or within a similar field.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Interaction Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the Design field.
- The ability to work with UI and brand guidelines, and evolve them based on common design principles and context.
- To be able to design in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast paced surroundings.
- A curious personality that makes you excited about new innovations in your field. You want to be at the forefront of new trends in UI, Design and Tech.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience working with and knowledge of Frontend development.
- A basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS, in order to have an understanding of what is possible is a plus.
- Not just a ‘Can-do’ attitude but a ‘Can-do-better!’ attitude that makes you strive to improve every day.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please attach a portfolio showcasing your work to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.