Junior Content Writer – German Speaker
Content Marketing & Communication - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Content Writer - German Speaker
Do you want the chance to become a trivago story-teller? Do you have the narrative skills to create inspirational copy and the cool head to work to tight deadlines?
Our Content Marketing & Communication (CMC) team is looking for a creative mind to build relationships with our readers by supplying them with consistently engaging content.
If you’re an experienced wordsmith looking for a position where you can see the impact of your work on an established global platform we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Create audience-relevant articles for our Room5 blog using the content and insights provided to you by the CMC team.
- Use creative storytelling techniques and come up with new content formats to inspire and engage the reader, whilst remaining faithfully consistent to our brands message and tone of voice.
- Proof-read and review your peers’ content (you will be expected to check your colleagues’ creations for style/voice, SEO friendliness, audience relevance and aesthetic quality. They will do the same for your work).
- Coordinate the process of translating existing content to repurpose for the German Room5 platform and potentially find freelancers that can support us in that process as well.
- Optimize your content and adjust your stories’ framework based on data and insights provided by analytical tools in alignment with the distribution specialist. Proactively suggest ways to improve room5 user journey.
- Ensure all quality standards are maintained.
- Support our external relations specialist in writing press releases that will be distributed to DMOs, journalists and other 3rd parties.
What you'll definitely need:
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editorial skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication, PR, Journalism or a similar field.
- Experience working in the fields of Copywriting, Journalism or similar. Social Media would be a plus.
- The ability to think ‘outside-of-the-box’ in order to consistently create new and engaging narratives that challenge the status quo.
- Good Knowledge of SEO-friendly writing techniques.
- A basic knowledge of Google Analytics.
- High degree of creativity, but also a minimum interest in data and numbers.
- To speak German at a native level, with fluency in English (our company language).
Important application info:Instead of writing a motivation letter, we would like to ask you to answer the following four questions and upload them as PDF file with your CV.
Please answer all questions in German and make sure to stick to the provided word limit.
1) Why do you think you are the perfect candidate for this position? (max. 100 words)
2) Which values would you say best represent you? (max. 100 words)
3) Why do you think you are a perfect match for trivago? (max. 100 words)
4) We'd like you to introduce yourself. Twice. A) To your best friend. B) To someone from another planet. (max. 100 words each)
Additionally, please include a portfolio containing your work along with your application.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.