Brand Marketing - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
trivago is on the lookout for a creative Video Editor to help our Brand Marketing & Production team to create beautiful TV commercials. You'll need to understand how to engage an audience quickly, and be ready for creative challenges where you'll get the chance to show this ability. If you are a dedicated team player who thinks outside the box and enjoys working in a multicultural environment, we would like to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Re-edit the commercials we already have to produce new versions of them that better fit the needs, both technical and of pacing and style, of non-tv platforms such as social networks.
- Work with a wide variety of material, coming from professional studio cameras and smartphones alike, eventually mashing them to create new engaging videos.
- Be involved in the development of new ideas from the early stages of pre-production, helping with cinematography, timing and edit suggestions.
- Spend plenty of time doing conceptual thinking, research and development work, and be expected to pitch and develop your own ideas.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience, backed by a degree in the field.
- Proven experience editing material coming from different sources.
- At least a basic understanding of audio editing, effects and music selection.
- Previous experience with motion graphic content.
- A strong track record of creating engaging videos and a portfolio to show for it.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Strong sound design skills.
- Full proficiency in Premiere and a basic understanding of After Effects.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.