Software Engineer – Geo Search
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Geo Search
Join our dynamic software engineering department and help shape the future of trivago. In this role you will help our users to roam freely around a map to find their ideal hotel. You will be able to see direct impact of your work on a huge global platform.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with an intelligent and intuitive map experience for finding hotels.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Contribute in architecture decisions and innovative feature development.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high performing data retrieval especially in the area of geospatial data.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 3 years of experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Has experience with geospatial databases and search technologies (e.g. spatial indexing) and a profound knowledge in the geo domain.
- Has the willingness to develop maintainable and high quality PHP code in an high-performance environment.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction and good development practices, like test automation, CI/CD and source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large-scale applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Config Management tools, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
As soon as possible.