- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Product Manager for Finance Tools
Our Business Operations & Strategy department creates and develops the game-changing internal tools and applications that shape trivago’s future. Now we are looking for someone who can work closely with our Finance department to develop tools that allow all of trivago’s employees to do their jobs as well as possible. If you can create products that fit users’ needs, we would like to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed of release updates and let them know about any major bugs that appear.
- Keep the user central to your approach as you work on feature concept development.
- Come to grips with the challenges that features present as you define user stories and their acceptance criteria, and create interactive mockups.
- Align your concepts with the Product Owner and the relevant stakeholder and process their feedback. Be responsible for user testing and automated testing for each release, as well as prioritizing and resolving bugs.
- Coordinate with engineers to guarantee a healthy development cycle.
- Take in and incorporate user feedback to create improved products.
What you'll definitely need:
- A start-up attitude: you must be driven by a natural passion for your work and the desire to succeed.
- A degree in an IT-related field.
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in an agile work environment.
- An analytical thought process that allows you to logically identify potential challenges in a project and consider their solutions.
- The ability to fully communicate your thoughts, needs and intentions to a wide range of people.
- An impeccable eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest mistakes.
- Dedication: you never leave a job unfinished and once you begin a task will become fully absorbed in it.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- At least one year of experience working in product management or product development.
- Previous knowledge of Scrum/Kanban agile methodologies or of software development in an agile environment.
- A good understanding of Excel.
- An understanding of how APIs and microservices work.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.