Junior Financial Administrative Support – Marketing Controlling
Finance / Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Financial Administrative Support - Marketing Controlling
Our Finance Department is looking for a communicative, numerically minded individual who can provide financial administrative support for our marketing teams. If you have an exceptional eye for detail and a rigorous work approach, we have the position for you.
What you'll do:
- Support our marketing teams by processing a large number of purchase invoices.
- Independently check and approve invoices for trivago’s TV advertisements in over 45 countries.
- Compare pre-report, post-report and final invoices to find discrepancies and ensure that accounts match financial statements.
- Communicate with both suppliers and employees from our marketing and accounting teams to check that internal data and invoices are correct and that invoices arrive on time.
- Provide assistance to our marketing teams by ensuring that their month-end accounts are complete.
What you'll definitely need:
- To have completed a commercial apprenticeship or degree in either Accounting or Finance.
- Some experience in accounts payable and invoice processing.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good knowledge of invoice processing procedure.
- Some understanding of accounting principles.
- A detail-orientated work style and ability to maintain intense concentration when working on a task.
- To be comfortable working independently.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Fluency in German.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.