Data Analyst – Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence - Leipzig, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Data Analyst - Business Intelligence
Data informs every element of our decision-making processes at trivago and our Business Intelligence team provides valuable insights which help all of our departments to push forward and make educated decisions. If you can use your exceptional understanding of data to drive us onwards, our Leipzig team has an exciting opportunity for you.
What you'll do:
- Create and deliver daily and weekly reports and fulfil data requests for a range of departments.
- Communicate the findings of your analyses to relevant stakeholders and assist in the decision making process.
- Proactively discover insights on user behaviour that are still hidden in our tracking data. Create analysis and forecasts that are beyond standard reports.
- Educate stakeholders on how to correctly read data and how best to harness data to come to informed decisions.
- Promote technical innovation in our team by improving our in-house analytics tools, for instance by working on stored procedures, analytical controllers and algorithms.
- Become an expert on business intelligence concepts, methods and technology and use your expertise to suggest potential improvements we may implement.
- Drive the data tracking process from ideation through to conception and the validation of dimension data.
What you'll definitely need:
- 2-3 years' experience in business intelligence or analytics in a role where there was a heavy emphasis on big data.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or a related field.
- A superb understanding of data engineering.
- An analytical mindset that allows you to draw valuable conclusions from large amounts of data.
- An excellent eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest of mistakes.
- A good understanding of MySQL.
- At least a basic understanding of Hadoop.
- A communicative manner that allows you to explain data-related information to individuals whose understanding of data ranges.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.