Student Job – Software Engineer – Search & Discovery (Research)
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Student Job - Software Engineer - Search & Discovery (Research)
Are you a student looking for an insight into search technologies at a globally recognized website? Join us at the world’s largest hotel search’s Search Technology team.
What you'll do:
- Develop an intelligent, intuitive, forward-thinking hotel search for millions of daily users.
- Create innovative search prototypes by using NLP, deep learning and machine learning technologies.
- Evaluate new technologies and conduct performance tests.
- Research the area of search engines and recommendation systems.
What you'll need:
- To be currently studying for an MSc or PhD in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Knowledge of at least one general purpose programming language (Java, PHP, C/C++, C#, Scala, Python, Go, etc.).
- To have previously used deep learning technologies such as Tensorflow, Caffe, etc.
- Experience working with search technologies, such as Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.
- An understanding of how to exploit the Semantic Web and ontologies to improve search.
- The ability to work well independently and can self-prioritize effectively.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
Life at trivago is...
- The chance to work with adventurous people from over 60 nations to redefine the travelling experience for millions of people.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The chance to join our free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as to contribute to our tech blog.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension after 6 months.