Student Job – Core Backend Team
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Student Job - Core Backend Team
Are you a student looking for an insight into software architecture and development at a globally recognized website? Join us at the world’s largest hotel search’s core backend team.
What you'll do:
- Design software and system architecture and ensure high code quality.
- Maintain reliability, security, robustness, and performance of our systems.
- Create and maintain databases and deal with distributed data pipelines.
- Support development teams by creating custom-tailored development tooling.
- Develop prototypes to test the suitability of designed architectures and pipelines.
What you'll need:
- To be currently studying for a master’s degree in Computer Science or a related course.
- At least a basic understanding of Linux/Unix.
- A deep knowledge of good software design and architecture.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of web development.
- The ability to work well independently and self-prioritize effectively.
- To be comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
Life at trivago is...
- The chance to work with adventurous people from over 60 nations to redefine the travelling experience for millions of people.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The chance to join our free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as to contribute to our tech blog.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension after 6 months.