Team Lead – Copywriting
Content - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Team Lead - Copywriting
As the world's largest hotel search, it's essential that every element of trivago's core product is of world-class quality. Our Content team is looking for a natural leader with an eye for what makes excellent, context-appropriate copy to develop a team of copywriters who will work to improve trivago's user experience. If you want a role where your efforts will have a worldwide impact, apply today.
What you'll do:
- Recruit and develop a team of project managers who will coordinate external copywriters to produce copy for our site in a variety of languages.
- Coordinate with a range of project managers and stakeholders so that we have a cohesive, aligned strategy for our product's copy.
- Plan and lead projects on a range of content topics, from hotel descriptions to city guides, in order to push trivago ahead of our competitors.
- Provide guidance to your team and motivate them to perform to the best of their abilities.
What you'll definitely need:
- 1-2 years' copywriting experience. Please attach examples of your published writing along with your CV and motivation letter.
- 1-2 years' experience in managing copywriters, preferably in an online setting.
- An excellent understanding of what makes great copy and how to appropriately tailor content to various formats.
- A strong sense of leadership and great people skills. You will be leading your team from the front and will be responsible for their progress.
- A natural drive to achieve your goals and improve upon your previous work.
- A patient, strategic approach that will be essential as you recruit a star team.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
Important application information:In addition of writing a motivation letter, we would like to ask you to answer the following four questions and upload them as pdf file under further attachments 1. Please answer all questions in English and make sure to stick to the provided word limit.
1) What do you like about recruiting? (100 words)
2) What do you not like about recruiting? (100 words)
3) What is motivating you to be a team lead? (150 words)
4) What are your biggest goals as team lead for your collaboration with your team? (150 words)
Additionally, please attach samples of your writing along with your application.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Applicants from outside the EU must hold a university degree in order to receive a work permit for this position.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.