User Research Internship
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Internship (6 months)
- Start date: As soon as possible
User Research Internship
Without knowing how our users interact with our product, we have no way of knowing how to improve their experience. We are offering an exciting internship opportunity for a research-focused individual who wants to gain an in-depth insight into the user research and testing processes of the world’s largest hotel search.
What you'll do:
- Undertake qualitative research: observe and record users’ behaviour as they perform various tests and interact with our product.
- Conduct data analysis as you review, structure and summarize the recorded notes, videos and audio files before creating presentations containing your findings and any actionable insights you have generated.
- Put our website through heuristic evaluations and compare it to our competitors, focusing on their strategy, features and usability.
- Working under the supervision of a senior researcher, plan, execute and report the insights of a research project.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create prototypes.
- Directly interact with users as you conduct interviews.
- Suggest any software or tools you believe may empower our research department.
What you'll definitely need:
- Some previous experience in qualitative research and familiarity with usability tests, formative evaluation, card sorting, personas and scenario creation.
- A B.Sc. or Diplom in Computer Human Interaction, Psychology, Human Factors, Information Science or a related field.
- An understanding of how to identify and reduce sources of bias in order to present unbiased, actionable, data-driven insights.
- The ability to be objective and impartial in your research process as you pursue the truth rather than trying to confirm your hypothesis.
- An analytical mindset and an exceptional aptitude for interviews.
- Proficiency in using Excel or other software for data analysis.
- Solid writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience working with quantitative research or Lean UX.
- Competence in employing usability testing tools such as Morae or Silverback, as well as prototyping software such as Axure.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- This is a 6-month paid internship.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.