Software Engineering - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Level: Professionals,Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
At trivago we continually search for new technologies and implement new processes in order to develop our product further. Our latest innovation has lead to the opening of a new trivago office in Amsterdam. Here we will house a dedicated team that focuses on breaking the existing boundaries between machine learning, (big) data analysis and natural language processing, as well as implementing semantic analysis on an unprecedented scale in order to improve our hotel recommendations.
There is a lot of data out in the world that we can take into account when recommending hotels. Are you a party-goer? Perhaps we should take the number and quality of clubs, bars and restaurants in the surroundings into account. Are you travelling with your family? Then the kid-friendliness of the pool or nearby playgrounds could influence your decision. We gather data from as many sources as we can find and try and find innovative ways to make sure we find everybody their ideal hotel.
We are looking for multiple junior and senior engineers, so whether you're looking for exciting learning opportunities or the opportunity to face interesting, new challenges, we have the position for you.
What you'll do:
- Help us build innovative and scalable solutions and ensure a scalable environment so that our product can cope with the large amount of new information that the semantic analysis project will bring to trivago.
- Write stable and maintainable code.
- Work in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Work with a variety of programming languages and tools to develop cloud-native applications for the Amazon cloud.
- Use multiple programming languages, tools and Amazon Web Services in order to find simple solutions to our complex needs.
What you'll need:
- To hold a degree or to be self-taught in Computer Science.
- Excellent knowledge of one (or more) of the following: Amazon Web Services, Java, Python.
- A sincere interest in working with large amounts of data.
- An eagerness to inject your software engineering DNA into our codebase and to take part in a ground-breaking project that will be implemented from scratch.
- To be an ambitious individual who is motivated to make a difference in any project or job you take on.
- A creative mind which thrives in an innovative environment.
- The desire to work in a dynamic, diverse, international team where collaboration is the key to success.
- Fluency in English. (Dutch is not required.)
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience in big data solutions, data analytics or system administration.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services would be particularly beneficial.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- A diverse and international engineering environment.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago