Motion Design Internship
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Internship (6 months)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Motion Design Internship
Do you want the chance to have your designs and animations seen by users all over the world? Our Design team is looking for creative, innovative and organized talents to work with different departments across trivago, to create motion graphics for different target groups and stakeholders. You will develop eye-catching visuals and animations that engage and inspire our users and advertisers alike, giving a coherent experience across all our products and online/offline media. If you're looking for an internship where you'll have the freedom to develop your own concepts and bring your ideas to life, apply today.
What you'll do:
- Prepare illustrations to be used in motion graphics.
- Provide advice to our stakeholders on how best to translate their intended message through motion graphics.
- Create ideas for global concepts that can be adapted to numerous locales while keeping production costs down.
- Design and take responsibility for short animation projects that aim to explain new product features.
- Develop creative concepts and present your ideas to stakeholders using storyboards and other visual aids.
What you'll definitely need:
- To be currently studying for, or to have successfully completed, a bachelor's degree in Design, Animation, Film Editing or a similar course.
- A good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- The ability to create and present effective, informative storyboards.
- An understanding of motion and visual design.
- A burning passion to continually produce creative work and see your efforts displayed.
- An unrivalled sense of creativity that allows you to approach ideas from alternative perspectives and produce innovative concepts.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Some previous experience (including internships) working with motion design projects.
- Experience producing social media content, including gifs or short videos.
Life at trivago is...
- The chance to work with adventurous people from over 60 nations to redefine the travelling experience for millions of people.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- Please attach a portfolio or send us relevant links at the top of your CV showcasing your work to your application.
- This is a 6-month paid internship.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.