Software Engineer – Research – Search and Discovery
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Research - Search & Discovery
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search. Working in the Search & Discovery area, you will help our users to express their ideas and feelings to us through our website and deliver back the ideal hotel list. If you're looking for a position where you'll get to see the impact of your work on a daily basis, apply today.
What you'll do:
- Develop an intelligent, intuitive, forward-thinking hotel search for millions of daily users.
- Lift search prototypes to the next level and make them production ready by contributing your architectural knowledge and programming experience.
- Combine different storage and search technologies to implement an efficient and high-performing hotel search.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate researchers and experts from various fields such as Product, BI and Design, according to the motto: “you build it, you run it”.
What you'll definitely need:
- M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- At least 3 years' experience in designing and developing large-scale applications using general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, PHP, C/C++, C#, Scala, Python, and Go.
- To have demonstrated the ability to master SOLID development.
- Extensive knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge in building highly scalable, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience in using data storages and profound knowledge about search technologies (e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, MySQL, Redis etc.).
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Knowledge about ontologies and the semantic web.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.