Software Engineer – Back-End
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Back-End
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a back-end PHP developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
What you'll do:
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a lightning-quick hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code in PHP.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and high quality PHP code in an high-performance environment.
- A solid understanding of software construction.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
- An awareness of the following technologies: MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.