Student Job / Part-time – Network Support – German Speaker
IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Student Job / Part-time - Network Support - German Speaker
Know your way around network infrastructure? Have a good understanding of Windows, Linux and OS X? Want to work as part of a great team in maintaining and updating our network? Join our Office Infrastructure Operations team today.
What you'll do:
- Analyse unsolved Level 1 and 2 support problems as you provide efficient, face-to-face technical assistance to stakeholders.
- Monitor, upgrade and maintain our network in order to guarantee optimal quality and stability. Work on team projects to help us push ahead in technical excellence.
- Track and solve problems that appear in our heterogeneous network.
- Deploy hardware updates and take responsibility for the maintenance of a wide range of devices.
- Install and set up new equipment to ensure that it is ready for our incoming employees to use.
What you'll definitely need:
- Fluency in German and English (our company language).
- To be enrolled on an IT-related course.
- An good knowledge of Windows, Linux and OS X.
- An good understanding of Windows servers.
- An understanding of VoIP, Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 2013/365.
- An appreciative, understanding manner when dealing with people and patience when handling problems.
- The ability to work towards a collective goal as you support your team rather than strive solely for personal success.
What we'd love you to have:
- To have successfully completed an apprenticeship in the field of IT.
- Previous experience working in network infrastructure and IT support.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- This is a part-time position. Applicants must be available to work up to 20 hours per week.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.