Software Engineer – Core Hotel Data
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Core Hotel Data
We offer an international, results-driven, fun and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice!
Our engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate. Our ambitions reach far beyond just searching for hotels. Our product needs to handle information at the scale of the web. We’re looking for ideas from a lot of different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you work on a small team and on many different projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves.
You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
- Build and maintain our Core Hotel Matching infrastructure.
- Play a leading role in designing and implement new functionality and platform enhancements as needed.
- Work closely together with members/stakeholders from other teams (BI, Product, etc.).
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute to one of our lovely open source projects.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing large scale web applications.
- You have demonstrated the ability to master SOLID development using Spring or a similar framework.
- Extensive knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge in building highly scalable, and fault-tolerant web applications.
- Experience in using data storage and search technologies (Redis, Elasticsearch, Lucene, Cassandra, etc.)
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and you speak English (our company language) fluently.
- A master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.