Technical Project Manager – German Speaker
IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Technical Project Manager - German Speaker
Our Office Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a confident, independent worker who will help the team manage their workload by coordinating all incoming projects.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate the workflow of the team and oversee projects throughout their life-cycle. Past projects have ranged from implementing AD right management, to ensuring Windows 10 upgrade ran smoothly for all talents.
- Support trivago talents by consulting them about functional, technical, and operational aspects of new systems or processes.
- Manage and build relationships with key stakeholders from project inception to post-deployment.
- Plan and manage the financial plan for projects, including tracking and reporting forecasts within approved budgets.
What you'll need:
- German at a native level, as you will be working closely with external stakeholders regarding the office infrastructure of our new campus in 2018.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- An educational background in an IT-related area.
- At least 3-4 years' experience in leading large, complex projects from start to finish.
- Experience managing tasks/tickets, ensuring SLAs and following best practices of IT Services (preferably ITIL)
- Experience with budget & stakeholder management.
- Exceptional MS Office skills.
- An extensive knowledge base on Network and Active Directory technology.
- Excellent communication skills which enable you to take technical issues and explain them clearly to a non-tech audience.
- The creativity to find innovative solutions to problems which arise.
What we'd love you to have:
- An ITL certificate or related experience.
- A PMP/Prince certificate or related experience.
- Experience utilizing Agile practices and methods e.g. Kanban.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- We do not support a visa for this position so all applicants must have an EU passport or hold a valid work permit for Germany.
- We accept the help of agencies with this position.
- All applications must be submitted electronically via the application button - we do not accept paper applications.