Junior Data Analyst – Global Content
Content - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Data Analyst - Global Content
trivago's Content team is looking for a data-minded individuals who can help ensure that the world's largest hotel search has content that is accurate, high-quality and consistent.
What you'll do:
- Conduct in-depth analyses for a specific content type in the database to identify gaps, low-quality content or formal errors, with a focus on quality or coverage level of the information. You will then find ways to improve these issues on a global scale to enable the user to find his or her ideal hotel.
- Depending on which role you’re best suited for, you may be responsible for hotel reputation, visual content, hotel metadata or another content type.
- Work in a cross-functional team with topic owners, project and product managers to define common goals, carry out the analysis for the team initiatives, identify patterns to provide feedback to improve algorithms and measure the progress on content quality and coverage to be able to prioritize initiatives and content requests in accordance with what will deliver the most value for the user.
- Take input from, inform and manage the expectations of relevant stakeholders from multiple departments as well as your team, and communicate priorities and outcomes to the rest of the company.
What you'll definitely need:
- Outstanding data analysis skills and ideally experience working with very large data sets.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that will drive you to investigate and find the data needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Be a true team player with the ability to adapt to different stakeholders, understand their needs and communicate priorities on different levels.
- Excellent Excel/data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. You must bring some impressive know-how that separates you from the crowd (as well as the understanding that there’s always more to learn).
- The ability to work well independently, adapt quickly and embrace change.
What we'd love you to have:
- Basic scripting skills.
- SQL as your native language.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.