Junior Software Engineer – Java Backend Services
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Software Engineer - Java Backend Services
trivago is looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about their craft, versatile and ambitious to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward! As a Software Engineer you will ensure the smooth integration of all our advertisers. With your technical expertise you will be working on dedicated projects to develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
- Build and maintain Java backend applications. Design and implement new functionality and platform enhancements as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders in integrating and maintaining advertisers.
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with the team, Team Leaders and Product Owners to prioritize projects.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word; take the chance to contribute to one of our lovely open source projects, for instance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (or equivalent industrial training).
- Development experience with (Core) Java.
- Experience with HTTP and server-side technologies (web servers, database servers).
- Experience in data structures and modern design patterns.
- Good communication, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently in small teams.
- You are comfortable communicating in English.
Software Engineering at trivago:Our developers implement the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search the ideal hotel at the best rate. Our ambitions reach far beyond just searching for hotels. Our product needs to handle information at the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storages, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more; the list goes on and is growing every day. As an Engineer, you will work in a small team and on many different projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.